Recommended

Saturday 2 June 2007

How To Memorise The 20 Amino Acid's Name ??

Alright ... It's been something bothering to me about these 20 amino acid group found in Chapter 1 , protein part ..

So I've ask around and some people in Cari shared this good technique with me !! Yay !!

First , the 20 amino acids are classified into 4 groups :
  1. The Polar Group
  2. The Non-polar Group
  3. The Acidic Group
  4. The Basic Group
The Polar group's name can be memorised in such a way :

Sir glu sister to tree , Sir tired of asparagus .

  • Sir = serine ( Ser )
  • glu = glutamine ( Glu )
  • sister = cysteine ( Cys )
  • to has no meaning here.
  • tree = threonine ( Thr )
  • tired = tyrosine ( Tyr )
  • of has no meaning here.
  • asparagus = asparagine ( Asn )
The Basic Group amino acids can be memorised with :

His Li-ar.

  • His = histidine ( His )
  • Li = lysine ( Lys )
  • ar = arginine ( Arg )
The Acidic Group Amino Acids can be memorised with :

Glue it's Ass.

  • Glue = Glutamic Acid ( Glu )
  • it's has no meaning here .
  • Ass = Aspartic Acids ( Asp )
The remaining are the Non-Polar Group Amino Acids...Which i still can't find a way to remember. ( Will be found very soon ... I'm working hard on it. )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!It's a good idea!Thanks for sharing,guy!

Anonymous said...

i oni knew u were in physic class..i thought u wana b a doc n should b in bio class rite?..anyway good luck for those in physic n bio class 2..n i would like 2 tel u physic is like sex(my lecturer stated in his web page)..but i don treat it like sex..dis caused me almost fail my physics..n i oni noe how hard is newton's law f=ma...

TheBeerCrusader said...

LOL ~ you must be Ming Shi .. HAHA ~

Ya... I still want to be a doctor, but I'm taking 5 subjects...